KFC announces the world’s first tasting restaurant featuring ELF high-end courses prepared by professional chefs
- KFC has announced that it will create an 11-course tasting menu for fans
- The food will be available at a “secret location” for handpicked KFC lovers
- KFC Australia has worked with Nelly Robinson – he says it’s a ‘dream come true’
The Colonel has turned to fine dining with his secret herbs and spices, elevating the quintessential Dirty Bird experience to pure luxury.
KFC Australia is hosting a very chic tasting dinner for die-hard KFC fans, complete with gold-plated chicken.
However, the experience will only be available at a secret location in Sydney for three nights from April 1-3.
Scroll down for videos
The Colonel has turned to fine dining with his secret herbs and spices, elevating the quintessential Dirty Bird experience to sheer luxury, dish three pictured
Popcorn Chicken is served alongside gnocchi in this very elegant dish
The meal consists of the best sellers from the popular restaurant chain, just served a little differently.
The sumptuous 11-course tasting was developed in collaboration with Nelly Robinson, Patroness of the Chef and owner of Sydney’s nel restaurant.
The dining experience begins with supercharged wings cooked over a bed of charcoal to enhance the experience.
Next comes potato and gravy, served as a wax candle, and then guests are presented with the Colonel’s face made from some of their favorite sauces.
“Don’t be shy, there are no rules here! Grab your plate and lick the Colonel’s face to enjoy the flavors of Kentucky Fried Chicken, tomato, lettuce and pepper mayo,” they said.
Next comes a very boujee twister twist, complete with barley risotto and sun-dried tomatoes.
Then comes popcorn chicken paired with gnocchi and celeriac soup.
The charged wings are cooked on a bed of charcoal and served first
What’s on the menu at the KFC tasting nights?
• Charged Wings – Cooked over a bed of charcoal, these are not only charged, but beautifully charred wings
• Potato and Gravy – blink and you’ll miss it! This dish is a true marvel, when the sauce candle (yes, that’s right!) melts, dip your potato bun in the “wax” and enjoy *chef kissing fingers
• Tongue Twister – Don’t be shy, there are no rules here! Grab your plate and lick the Colonel’s face to enjoy the flavors of Kentucky Fried Chicken, tomato, lettuce and pepper mayo
• Twister Sister – A fresh version of our Twister, this one comes with barley risotto, sundried tomatoes, squash and last but not least our Chicken Tenders
• Popcorn Chicken – It’s the popcorn chicken our fans know and love, paired with celeriac soup, mushroom gnocchi and basil, topped off with an edible flower garnish
• La Di Da Drumstick (aka Fried Gold) – Our legendary original recipe drumstick dusted with quinoa and gold, we don’t call it Fried Gold for nothing…
• Our Chocolate Mousse – Dipped in nitrogen, these bites of delicious chocolate mousse are “oh so good” and will literally melt in your mouth
KFC fans can put themselves on the list HERE
Next comes the gold dusted drumstick, followed by chocolate mousse dipped in nitrogen.
KFC fans must register their interest in the tasting nights online, where they will be entered into a drawing for a seat at the table.
A world first for the Colonel, the 11-course spread costs $75 a head, with 100 percent of profits going to the company’s charity partners: The Black Dog Institute, ReachOut Australia and Whitelion.
Nelly Robinson by nel. created the menu together with the KFC team and revealed that it was a “dream come true”.
The menu includes chocolate mousse dipped in nitrogen
Nelly Robinson, KFC tasting menu consultant and chef and owner of Sydney, Nel. restaurant, revealed he’s a lifelong fan of the fast-food brand.
“Creating an 11-course tasting using their most popular menus and taking them to new heights was a dream come true,” he said.
“For the menu, I took 11 KFC dishes and reinvented how the flavors and textures come to life, using my experience with tasting menus to really blow fans away.”
Menu items are designed to feel right at home in fine dining
The potato and gravy is presented as a candle, according to a first look at the menu
The drumsticks are served with gold flakes – to celebrate their rank on the menu
“We have created a top-class culinary adventure, just like guests would find in my tasting restaurant.
“That’s why we can’t wait to see their reactions to each of the devilishly good dishes.”
Lucky KFC fans will be contacted if they have secured a seat at any of the KFC tasting nights starting March 23, 2022. All details, including location and seating arrangements, will be communicated to guests once they have confirmed their reservation.