The globe Oxycodone Market According to the latest report by Reports and Data, the size is expected to reach $7.49 billion in 2028, registering a CAGR of 4.6% over the forecast period. Increasing focus on efficiently treating breakthrough pain in cancer patients, growing application of opioid therapy to treat chronic pain associated with serious diseases, and availability of a robust pipeline of oxycodone-based therapeutics are key factors expected to drive the revenue growth of the market during the forecast period. Additionally, increasing accessibility and availability of OTC oral oxycodone solutions is another key factor expected to contribute to the future revenue growth of the market.
Oxycodone is an opioid agonist that has been used clinically since 1917 to treat and treat cancer-related pain and chronic non-cancer pain. Oxycodone works by binding to a receptor that inhibits adenylyl cyclase, hyperpolarizing neurons and decreasing excitability. Oxycodone has been widely administered via the oral route, but it can also be administered via various routes such as intramuscular, subcutaneous, intravenous and rectal. The introduction of controlled-release oxycodone has increased its use for chronic, non-cancerous pain. Oxycodone is preferred for pain management due to its higher bioavailability compared to morphine. Over 60-80% of the oxycodone dose retains its analgesic properties and is commonly used to treat osteoarthritis pain and chronic back pain. Oxycodone is one of the most commonly prescribed opioids in the world, which has fueled demand for it and is expected to further drive market growth over the forecast period.
Oxycodone crosses the blood-brain barrier and causes euphoria and a high-like feeling in oxycodone users. They also tend to manipulate the drugs to inhale them or inject them intravenously. The increasing incidence of oxycodone addiction and side effects, as well as risks associated with oxycodone use such as overdose and death are some key factors which are expected to hamper the market growth to some extent during the forecast period.
Oxycodone market by type (short-acting oxycodone, long-acting oxycodone), by route of administration (oral, intramuscular, intravenous, subcutaneous, rectal, intranasal), by application (addiction, pain management), by distribution channel (hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, other), and by Regions, forecast until 2028: Get Sample Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1286
Top companies operating in the market and profiled in the report include:
Johnson & Johnson (USA)
Purdue Pharma (USA)
Endo International (Ireland)
Teva Pharmaceuticals (Israel)
Hikma Pharmaceuticals (UK)
Sun Pharmaceutical (India)
Impax Laboratories (US)
Other key findings from the report suggest
- The oxycodone market is estimated to grow from US$5.23 billion in 2020 to US$7.46 billion in 2028 at a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period. The oxycodone market is being driven by an increase in the number of patients suffering from terminal diseases such as cancer and HIV and a surge in the prescription of post-operative pain medication.
- Short-acting oxycodone market is expected to hold the largest market share at US$5.09 billion through 2028 at a CAGR of 5.5% over the forecast period. An increase in new drug applications in pharmaceutical companies and the number of products in the pipeline are driving the market for oxycodone. Other formulations are coming to market, for example to control the release of drugs to improve pain management.
- Based on routes of administration, the oral segment is expected to hold the largest market share and is projected to reach US$2.98 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 5.8% over the forecast period. Oxycodone is only approved for oral use in the United States and is available as tablets and oral solutions. However, parenteral formulations of oxycodone (brand name OxyNorm) are also available worldwide and are widely used in Europe.
- The hospital pharmacy market is expected to reach USD 3.05 billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 6.1% over the forecast period. The large-scale development of specialty hospitals with increasing purchasing power is driving the faster adoption of oxycodone products. Another driver for the oxycodone market is the consolidation of large healthcare providers combined with increasing health insurance penetration.
- The North American market is expected to reach US$2.8 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 4.9% over the forecast period, as healthcare market spending increases and the dominance of geriatric populations with terminal diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis increases. which will promote market growth.
Request a discount on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/1286
Segments Covered in the Report –
Type (kilotons) (Revenue, USD millions; 2018-2028)
Routes of Administration (Kilotons) (Revenue, USD millions; 2018-2028)
Distribution (kilotons) (Revenue, USD millions; 2018-2028)
Application (kilotons) (Revenue, USD millions; 2018-2028)
turning away from addiction
Region Analysis Coverages –
North America (USA, Canada, Mexico)
Europe (UK, Italy, Germany, France, Rest of Europe)
Asia Pacific (India, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, Rest of APAC)
Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Read more reports
Ophthalmic Drugs Market @ https://www.biospace.com/article/ophthalmic-drugs-market-size-share-and-industry-analysis-by-drug-type-by-dosage-by-prescription-type-by-distribution-channel- Forecast-by-drug-variation-and-region-until-2028/
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Market https://www.biospace.com/article/acute-lymphoblastic-leukemia-drug-market-size-share-and-industry-analysis-by-drug-type-by-type-pediatric-and-adults-and- per-region-forecast-until-2028/
About reports and data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting firm offering syndicated research reports, custom research reports and consulting services. Our solutions are solely focused on your purpose of locating, targeting and analyzing changes in consumer behavior across demographics and industries and helping customers make smarter business decisions. We offer market research studies that ensure relevant and fact-based research across a wide range of industries including healthcare, technology, chemical, energy and energy. We are constantly updating our research offerings to ensure our clients are up to date with the latest trends in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from different disciplines.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Network: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct dial: +1-212-710-1370
To learn more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-oxycodone-market