The report analyzes more than 50,000 data points, reveals survey data that surveyed more than 2,000 US adults, and shares insights from course creators with seven-figure revenue. It reveals the top tricks and trends that separate the top 20% of successful course creators from the rest, and outlines how online content creation has quickly become the most sought-after business strategy for aspiring entrepreneurs.
“Course creators who build hugely successful online businesses don’t do it by accident,” he said Henk Camphor, chief marketing officer at Thinkific. “They take ownership of their audience, create vibrant communities, bundle complementary products, and monetize their content with innovative payment models and sales tools. As the appetite for online learning continues to grow and more entrepreneurs than ever are choosing to create online content, this report gives developers the expert insights they need to build bigger, stronger businesses that create a life-changing have an impact on their students,” Campher said.
Key findings of the report include:
- Content is the dream – Online content creation takes first place as the most popular business model entrepreneurs strive for (51%), beating out selling products online (49%), providing services online (49%) or in person ( 46%) or opening a business brick and mortar store (39%).
- Creators want control – The top-performing creators aren’t just limited to social media, they’re 400% more likely to drive their audience to their courses from such platforms. They are also 200% more likely to study student engagement. More audience control means fans become paying customers.
- Learning together = earning – It has been found that top creators are 200% more likely to create communities, vibrant “town squares” where students can connect with each other and their creators.
- Bundle up – Online learning goes beyond offering one-off learning products. A whopping 85% of top creators sell multiple products or services and bundle bundles that include memberships, private communities, e-books, one-to-one coaching, physical products, and more.
- Tech is the hot ticket – The Software & Technology field has seen the highest student demand for online learning since the beginning of 2020, followed by Health & Fitness, then Arts & Entertainment.
Expert insights were provided by many groundbreaking course creators, each of whom have achieved outstanding success with the student engagement, conversion, and retention techniques highlighted in the report. For example:
To access the full report, please click here.
Thinkific (TSX:THNC) makes it easy for entrepreneurs and established companies of all sizes to scale and generate revenue by teaching them what they know. Our platform gives businesses everything they need to create, market and sell online courses and other learning products and seamlessly run their business under their own brand on their own website. Thinkific’s 50,000 active developers have earned hundreds of millions of dollars in direct course sales while teaching tens of millions of students. Thinkific is headquartered in Vancouver, Canadawith a distributed team.
For more information, please visit www.thinkific.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements and forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities laws (“forward-looking statements”). Often, but not always, forward-looking information is identified by the use of words such as “plans”, “expects”, “expects”, “plans”, “intends”, “considers”, “anticipates”, “adoption rates”, “believes “, “suggests” or variations (including negative and grammatical variations) of such words and phrases, or states that certain actions, events or results “may”, “might”, “would”, “could”, or “will” be taken , occurs or is reached.
Forward-looking statements in this press release include statements regarding the Company’s plans and objectives, industry trends; growing demand for online learning, growth in our industry; addressable markets for our solutions; gaining market share; Advances and expansion of our offered platform service and expected benefits of Thinkific Payments and Thinkific Communities and their features to the Company’s customers. Such statements and information are based on the current expectations of Thinkific’s management and are based on assumptions and are subject to risks and uncertainties. Although Thinkific’s management believes the assumptions underlying these statements and information are reasonable, they may prove to be incorrect. A number of risks, uncertainties and other factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained in this press release, including, without limitation, the risk factors described more fully in our most recent press release under “Risk Factors” Annual Information Form and in our other filings with Canadian securities regulators, all of which are available under our profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. Except as required by applicable securities laws, forward-looking statements and information speak only as of the date on which they are made, and Thinkific undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements or information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise .
SOURCE Thinkific Labs Inc.