Aurora Consulting is seeking a part-time Patent Agent and Search Analyst to assist with portfolio management, patent research, growth initiatives and corporate administration.
This is a fully remote part time position with a flexible work week. The position will be paid for a guaranteed 30 hours per week and paid at an hourly rate for all hours in excess of 30 hours. We are experiencing steady growth driven primarily by customer love and referrals so there is significant potential to grow into a full time role for the right person.
We’re fully distributed so you can work from any reasonably connected location in the US while still enjoying your flexible work week.
What you will do:
You will help us navigate a very dynamic period of growth by assisting as needed in a variety of disciplines including:
- Management of patent portfoliost. Working closely with each client’s business, legal, technical and management teams, you will support the client’s patent strategy and portfolio development, including identifying and capturing inventive technologies, preparing applications, leading patent prosecution and IDS management.
- Patent research and analysis. You carry out patent research (patentability, FTO, state of the art etc.), analyzes and monitoring of the competitive landscape.
- Administrative backend. We’re working on more automated solutions, but we still have some monthly tasks around reporting and project management that require human touch. Assisting with additional administrative tasks such as creating customer contracts and preparing various response forms would also be of great benefit to the team.
- growth initiatives. You help us continue our growth trajectory by actively participating in networking, business development, speaking engagements (virtual or in person, depending on your convenience), participating in podcasts, and developing content. This is compensated time and is eligible for profit sharing.
Who are you:
They have an undying love for people and support inventors and team members with the highest level of quality and high-touch service. Ideally you are also a good mix of the following:
- scientist or engineer. Registered USPTO patent agent with a background in biotechnology, engineering, biotechnology, chemistry or a related technical discipline.
- Quality-oriented, highly efficient practitioner. 2 years as a patent attorney who is technically savvy and enjoys drafting and reviewing utility and design applications that exceed client expectations. It would be a bonus if you could share a response to an official act that resulted in a granted patent and include any published application or patent numbers that you helped draft.
- Find Sleuth. 2+ years of experience in conducting various types of patent and non-patent literature searches. Desire to be an integral part of shaping and growing our search business.
- Insatiable tech geek. Ability to review and analyze technically complex documents, including academic papers, patents and technical specifications.
- Hyper-organized, snappy communicator. Excellent organizational, verbal communication and writing skills.
- Intuitive employee. Team player with proven ability to work with dynamic and diverse groups of engineers, inventors, business and strategy teams.
- Hungry for autonomy. Can self-direct, manage and motivate. Takes personal responsibility and accountability for delivering quality results and consistently meeting deadlines.
- OCD about details. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Interested parties are asked apply online with cover letter and CV. It would be a bonus if you could share a response to an official act that resulted in a granted patent and include any published application or patent numbers that you helped draft.
Please mention that you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ job board.
About Aurora Consulting:
What we do: We specialize in collaborating with early-stage medical device, digital health, software and life sciences companies to develop valuable patent portfolios through highly customized, end-to-end strategies. We scale with our clients’ needs and understand the nuances of technology and patent strategy and how to effectively align it with business objectives.
Who we are: We are a fully distributed company with a culture that encourages a high level of autonomy, work accountability and quality at every step. You work where, when and how you want – with others who have a deep passion for technology. We are engineers and scientists first and foremost. Our team holds multiple advanced engineering and science degrees.
Learn more: https://www.aurorapatents.com/